While dogs are man’s best friend, they will rely on you to take them on their daily walks. When it comes to walking your best friend, you will want to wear comfortable shoes. You never know when your dog will suddenly want to run. If you are wearing improper shoes, this could turn into an uncomfortable situation. You do not want to be that person that is running after your dog in a pair of heels.
Just because you are wearing a pair of tennis shoes or running shoes does not mean they are comfortable, or the ideal walking shoes. Walking shoes are different from running shoes due to the different type of contact your foot has with the ground. When you are walking your foot, is constantly on the ground. As opposed to when you are running, and there is a split section when your foot is airborne. When you are, searching for that perfect pair of comfortable shoes or walking shoes you will want to make sure that they have the following features.
1) Cushioning – since your heel is the first to make contact with the ground walking shoes will need to have a significant amount of heel cushion. The heel cushion will need to absorb the forceful impact of each step. There also needs to be a thick layer of cushion between your shoes surface and the in sole of your shoe. The cushion should be able to withstand 300 to 500 miles of walking.
2) Flexibility – your shoe must be able to naturally bend with every step you take. Every foot motion will have a certain amount of bend; comfortable shoes will bend along with your foot. If your shoe does not bend, you will experience a substantial amount of pain. Not only will a non-responsive shoe cause pain it could also have a negative effect on the bones in your feet.
3) Stability – the back of your shoe will need to support your foot. The back at your shoes should be sturdy and well-built. This is different from sneakers, where the back of your shoe has enough give to allow you to easily guide your foot into your shoe using your finger. If the back to your shoe is collapsible, it is not providing you the support you need.
4) A good fit – when it comes to comfortable shoes you need to take vanity out of the equation. The perfect shoe will have approximately enough space to stick your thumb between your longest toe and the edge of your shoe.
5) Air conditioning – your feet will need to breathe in your shoes. A good pair of comfortable walking shoes will provide significant airflow throughout the shoe. Most walking shoes are made with a synthetic upper or leather upper. Most of these materials do not provide natural airflow. Therefore, you will want to look for some form of mesh vents on the side of the shoe.… READ MORE ...