It can be quite a pleasure to own a dog since it is deemed to be the best friend of human beings and is therefore a great companion. Besides being a companion, it also provides security especially when it is well trained and taken care of. It is very sad however that most people neglect these important animals and pets.
On deciding to keep a dog for security purposes or as a pet, you need to understand its importance as well as what is expected from you in terms of taking care of the dog. This is for sure the only way you and your dog are going to have a good lasting relationship and the dog will give loyalty to you in return for the care that you accord it.
Care expected from you
Once you acquire a dog for your home there are things that you are expected from you as part of taking care of the dog. They include:
- Proper grooming and feeding and on a regular basis for the matter
- Veterinary consultations especially when the dog shows illness signs
- Insurance cover as far as the veterinary services are concerned since you could easily incur huge bills when the dog suffers from serious conditions or even accidents
- Proper protective vaccinations for the dog
- Providence of a name tag and collar including current address of your home especially when the dog is outdoors
- Providence of constructive playtime and exercises which are sufficient to keep your dog fit and active
Arrangements for secondary care whenever it is hard for you to take care of it and also making the dog a part of the family for as long as you are keeping it in your home
Importance of dogs
Dogs are affectionate and they provide unconditional trust. …Read more