Spirituality and Animal Connection
Eleven million domestic cats and dogs are killed in the Untied States each and every year and alarmingly the telephone number continues to rise yearly. It used to be ten million, inspire 11,000,000. That is 11,000,000 lives that are extinguished simply because do not have a house that wants them. They are healthy animals that need to live out a long and happy, healthy, loved life that is cut short because there is nobody who desires them.
– There are some dogs which should not be kept with cats
– Dogs using a strong hunting heritage may always view cats as prey and may even not be able to be trusted with any small animals
– In addition to hunting dogs, terriers such as Jack Russells and pitbulls tend to be poor companions for cats
– These dogs provide an incredibly strong predatory instinct; they chase and attack moving objects without thinking about whom or what are the object may be
– Cats along with other small pets are simply too much of a temptation of those dogs
As I am writing this today, something stumbled on mind in my opinion just today about my spiritual cat Joey. It has occurred if you ask me how safe and unconditional Joey’s love is. Our pets make it safe for all of us to present and receive love deeply. It seems that sometimes over a person’s lifetime we start building walls in a very young age. It happens without us even realizing it. With almost no thought or effort the walls become higher and thicker each and every time we go through hurt and betrayal. Subconsciously we presume that those walls will protect us from getting hurt: Actually what it does is cut us removed from the flow of life and all sorts of its’ goodness.. If we have been not living from your heart and our Divinity within, we have been managing thoughts of the mind and giving external circumstances power to affect our life which cut us removed from loving ourselves while others. – Most cats, if they have had positive experiences with dogs, will tolerate canines in the house
– Those that will not likely normally have had some prior negative interaction which is firmly a part of their memories
– Because most cats, even those who hate dogs, don’t attack without provocation, these cats may be able to accept a dog
– However, they probably will never bond while using dog, will steer clear of the dog no matter what, and are pretty miserable
– It is kinder to leave these cats inside a feline-only household
– Again, it’s possible to find out the of the cat before adopting it, as well as to test the cat’s reactions to dogs in the adoption situation
If your managing older animals, it’s going to be a little more rare to find both animals to have along. The most important thing you can do is chaperon both animals together in a room. This way, there is a possiblity to become acquainted with each other minus the probability of hurting each other under your watchful supervision. Just as a cat should be shielded from a puppy, a smaller puppy has to be protected against an average and territorial cat.